Gas leak kills one, sickens 19 at NY mall

Legal Sea Foods at Walt Whitman Mall on New York's Long Island was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak. Foto Credit: CBS News.

Legal Sea Foods at Walt Whitman Mall on New York’s Long Island was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak. Foto Credit: CBS News.

NY DAILY NEWS—A faulty heating system is being blamed for triggering a carbon monoxide leak Saturday that killed a manager of a popular Long Island eatery and sickened 19 other people. The Legal Sea Food restaurant at the Walt Whitman Mall in Huntington Station remained closed Sunday and tables bore half-eaten meals left by diners forced to flee. A.J. Carter, spokesman for the Town of Huntington, said a fire marshal traced the poisonous odorless gas to a leaky flue of a restaurant’s heating system. Over 400 people die in the United States each year from carbon monoxide poisoning. Read more here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s