ARLINGTON, Wash. — Eight people are now confirmed dead after a massive landslide slammed into homes Saturday near Oso, Wash., authorities said Sunday. Snohomish County sheriff’s Lt. Rob Palmer said four more bodies were discovered late Sunday. Earlier in the day, authorities said one body had been found on the debris field. Three people were confirmed dead Saturday. Tod Gates, incident commander for the Northwest Washington Incident Management Team, also announced the new death toll at a community meeting Sunday. More people still were missing, and authorities said the number was “fluid.” Earlier Sunday, they said there were at least 18 people missing, but that was before the additional bodies were discovered. Read more here.